Regional Lead – EMEA Procurement
Do you have extensive Procurement experience and in depth understanding of Construction & Facility Management within Pharma? Then Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture, has an interesting job opportunity for you!
Regional Lead – EMEA Procurement
Your job as a Regional Lead - EMEA Procurement
The Regional Lead will support the Head of Procurement Capabilities, as part of the Procurement transformation program, in driving a multi-year transformation through the delivery of regional excellence. Working as part of the wider Procurement team, you’ll be responsible for translating the Procurement strategy into deliverables aligned with the regional stakeholder base. You’ll act as a key interface between Procurement and the relevant regional Business Units and will act as a Business Partner with the following key goals:
- Work with the Senior Director, Head of Procurement Capabilities & key Regional/Global Procurement team members to define & execute the functional strategy.
- Work with the Category Leads to develop, execute and be accountable for implementing Regional Strategies that are aligned with business requirements, provide short, medium and long term focus and generate market-leading deliverables
- Establish and lead multi-functional local category teams through the sourcing lifecycle and in line with the Procurement strategy and agreed targets for cost & quality
- Serve as primary interface to respective Regional Business Unit/Functional leaders to align procurement activities with operating priorities, influence behaviors and deliver leading financial and performance objectives
- Be recognized as the Regional Procurement Business Partner and utilize this knowledge to act as a ‘Change Agent’ for implementing new commercial models and ways of working
- Ensure relevant Business Unit requirements are considered in all Regional/Global Procurement initiatives and that the expected results are delivered at a Business Unit level
- Work with Finance Directors and Head of Procurement Capabilities to ensure robust Procurement processes at a Local and Regional level
- Work with local stakeholders to ensure delivery of an aligned initiatives pipeline
Your personal qualifications as a Regional Lead - EMEA Procurement
- You hold a Master degree
- Experience in Procurement and the different disciplines (Procurement Strategy, Strategic Sourcing, Procure-to-Pay, Procurement Systems and Category Management) of at least 5 years
- Strong understanding of Category Strategy formulation and execution and the different approaches to be applied to different kinds of spend & supply markets
- Advanced negotiation and contractual skills to ensure that all contract negotiations are conducted effectively and with consistency
- Procurement Transformation and Change experience is desirable
- Experience of managing Category Teams and challenging categories in complex and matrix driven organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage senior stakeholders
- Fluent in written and spoken English and additional European language capability is required
- The location is based in Leiden, frequent travel will be required to discharge the duties of the job (30% - 40%)
- A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
- Good career opportunities
- Inspiring and dynamic work climate
- Attractive remuneration, which includes:
- a 13th month
- excellent pension policy
- health insurance compensation
- collective health insurance
- company own saving scheme arrangement
- 25 Holidays + 13 so called ADV Days
- and more…
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
It is our stated aim in the VISION for Astellas to be recognised as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring we are a highly effective organisation, that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture.. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos; CHANGING TOMORROW.
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 18,000 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 10billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in research & development (R&D), manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,500 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products. Astellas employs around 900 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.
Mirai House, located in Leiden Bio Science Park, is home to a number of divisions, including the European R&D organization focusing on the development of medicines in the areas of Urology, Nephrology, Pain, and Diabetes/Metabolic diseases. It is the location where the majority of offices and clean rooms and labs are located.
Interested? Please apply via the website.
Agency calls are not appreciated.