NewCold is looking for a
Breda, the Netherlands
This is NewCold
NewCold is service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. NewCold strives to be crucial in the cold chain of leading food companies, by offering advanced logistic services worldwide.
We use latest technology to empower our people, to handle food responsibly and to guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions. For more information about the organisation you should visit www.newcold.com/company.
About the vacancy
As Procurement Manager, you are part of the Project Department. You are the single point of contact for the business and you proactively serve as the catalyst for sourcing needs. As professional you will actively be involved in cost control initiatives, procurement knowledge assurance and projects to enhance the purchasing processes.
In NewCold’s dynamic innovative environment you will be actively involved in critical procurement and sourcing projects. You work with professionals of various departments and other support functions. You will be able to contribute to transform the function into best-in-class professional procurement in terms of performance, process and support.
What will you do?
- Signal the need for innovation and change within the discipline of procurement and take initiative towards colleagues to develop this.
- Initiate and execute projects within the framework of the procurement policy, aiming to further optimize project costs.
- Contribute appropriately and efficiently to the procurement decision making process within the organization (up to board level) as well as outside the organization (suppliers).
- Communicate effectively about the importance and need of coordinated procurement.
- Coordinate the procurement process between the several departments of Newcold (Design & Engineering, Legal, Project Management).
- Build and maintain supplier relations and other relevant networks.
- Build and maintain internal networks in which the Procurement Manager proactively fulfils the role of SPOC.
- Benchmark and negotiate optimal conditions with suppliers.
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Contribute to the structuring and implementation of contract and supplier management.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Procurement Manager with a great sense of interpersonal skills and a “think yes” mentality. As part of the NewCold community you are able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and play an active role in the further development of the procurement function within the NewCold organization.
- Graduate Bachelor/Master in the field of supply chain management or a related field.
- Convincing record of professional experience with indirect procurement.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment.
- Affinity with IT processes and IT procurement.
- Knowledge of and experience with project management.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the job?
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please make sure that you leave your CV in English. Suitable candidates will be invited for a first interview with our VP Developments and Legal, a second interview will follow with a wider group of NewCold team members.
Why would you want to work for NewCold?
NewCold offers a challenging new role in a fast-growing organisation. We have the ambition and the potential to rapidly become the market leader in the field of modern and automated cold storage with additional supply chain services such as transport and distribution. Although our proposition comprises an attractive benefits and compensation package, the (international) scope and impact of the position may appeal to you even more.
Can we welcome you on board as our new Procurement Manager and help continue our successful growth? Apply now via the online application form.
Acquisition is not appreciated.