Procurement Leadership Program
The Procurement Leadership Program seeks to advance your leadership capabilities, challenge you with the latest thinking in (purchasing) management and invites you to experiment with and reflect on new behavioral strategies.
The PLP Class of 2019 starts again on March, 12 2019. Do you want to join?
Wat leer je?
Procurement Leadership Program (PLP): become a business leader
Through a carefully designed series of modules that blends lectures, group work and individual coaching, the Procurement Leadership Program (PLP) seeks to advance your leadership capabilities. It also challenges you with the latest academic thinking and best practices in (procurement) management and leadership and invites you to experiment with and reflect on new behavioral strategies.
As a participant you bring your personal knowledge and experience to the program. Our experienced faculty stimulates you to take the next step in your professional and personal development. You will learn to lead with vision, implement strategic change and have business impact. An investment in your future. This program provides you with the knowledge and skills to better cope with the challenges associated with moving into new and increasingly more complex procurement leadership roles.
The program is specifically designed for Procurement and Supply management professionals with experience in management roles of increasing responsibility. Participants are top performers who want to grow as leaders. For example Heads of Procurement, CPO’s, sr. Procurement Professionals, sr. Procurement Consultants.
Procurement Leadership Program (PLP): How will your organization benefit?
Going far beyond the basic transmission of skills and theories, this program provides you not only with sound academic insights but also with:
- The necessary leadership skills to successfully implement change within your organization
- The latest academic insights from fields such as
- Strategy, organization, change management, finance, innovation and leadership can be directly used to the benefit of your organization
- The V4B project can be aimed at solving a concrete business challenge for your organization
- The program requires a limited investment in money compared to the great value add you will experience
The NEVI Procurement Leadership Program consists of six modules, each 2,5 day, and five peer coaching sessions. During the program you will work in a business project team on a procurement issue that is strategically relevant for your organization. In each module professors, leading in their field of expertise, and top guest speakers share their knowledge and experience with you. The peer coaching is focused on developing your personal effectiveness as a business leader. You will systematically work on improving your leadership skills in small groups, guided by a supervisor.
As a participant you bring your personal knowledge and experience to the program. The core faculty introduces cutting edge theory and cases, several senior executives will share their best practices and our executive coaches stimulate you to take the next step in your personal development.
Module 1: Leadership
- Theory behind diagnosis and analysis of your leadership
- Practical solutions to your leadership issues
- Effectiveness of your leadership style
- Sharing your own insights and examples with other participants
Module 2: Strategy
- Different schools of thought in strategy and strategy formulation
- Aligning purchasing strategy with the strategy of your organization
- Translating changes in the business environment into your purchasing strategy
- New business models and the consequences for your purchasing strategy
Module 3: Organization
- Using metaphors to look at organizations from multiple perspectives
- Designing and developing effective purchasing organizations
- Capturing purchasing synergy in multi-unit organizations
- Exploring for business driven purchasing maturity
Module 4: Finance
- Management control and value creation
- Different control and their relevance for purchasing
- Management control problems in purchasing and solutions
- Target setting and performance measurement: challenges for purchasing
Module 5: Innovation
- Key innovation trends and the consequences for your organization
- How you can innovate with help from your suppliers
- Differentiating and managing suppliers when innovating
- Strategic segmentation of services purchasing and suppliers
Module 6: Managing Change
- Strategies for various types of change
- Macro versus micro change
- Why do logical change interventions so often produce illogical effects?
- Stagnating patterns and how you unintentionally maintain them
Through three writing assignments (one after each second module) you are invited to directly implement the new knowledge and skills on a real-life Case-4-Change, enabling you to directly add value to your organization.
Value 4 Business Projects
During the program you will work in a Value 4 Business (V4B) project team on a business challenge that is strategically relevant for your company as well as for the broader procurement community. At the start of the program all participants will submit their individual suggestions. Teams will be formed based on shared preferences for a certain topic. All V4B teams will be supervised by an experienced coach. The end result of the project will be presented during a final workshop. A review board consisting of three (former) CPO’s will evaluate to what extent the teams were able to develop a creative solution that is likely to generate real value 4 business.
Congrats to the class of 2017!
Another 10 Procurement Leaders have graduated! After an intense, instructive and interesting period of 9 months, another 10 NEVI Purspective students will be added to the exclusive list of Procurement Leaders. They survived 6 substantive modules, 3 essays, a Value 4 business report and workshop presentation and along the way they experienced the value of 5 peer coaching sessions with an executive coach. All their hard work was celebrated at the graduation ceremony that was held at Maastricht University on December 8. Congratulations to these 10 new NEVI Procurement Leaders, you nailed it!
Procurement Leadership Program
Branche recognised qualification
Number of modules
Entry requirements/admission procedure
MBA-level. Entry into the NEVI Procurement Leadership Program is subject to an admission procedure. Please send your up-to-date CV to program recruiter Mariska van Wijnen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to start your admission.
This program is an international program with English as the language of instruction. It also includes a European study trip.
Main location of the Program is the Campus of Maastricht University.
Entry into the Procurement Leadership Program is subject to an admission procedure. Send your up-to-date CV to the program recruiter (email@example.com) to start the procedure.
The program is a co-production with Maastricht University and specifically designed for Purchasing and Supply management professionals with experience in management roles of increasing responsibility. Participants are top performers who want to grow as leaders.
In international cooperation with
VIB members can join the program for the price of a NEVI Member.
SILF - Leading company in Sweden for competence development within Supply Chain Management