Senior Manager Contracts & Vendor Performance
Bring powerful negotiating, strategic, and communication skills to a high level role within a leading global organization
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people’s lives more liveable and inspiring. We are a leading global producer of paints, coatings and specialty chemicals, supplying essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide.
Our Global Business Services (GBS) function incorporates a Customer, Demand, & Support department that includes a Contracts & Vendor Performance (C&VP) group. Within this context, you are a key member of C&VP, responsible for the negotiation and oversight of provider contracts and the success of BPO/ITO programs.
Is this a challenge that matches your skills and ambitions as an experienced and analytical professional with excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, in both one-on-one and group situations? Have you gained deep knowledge of BPO/ITO contract negotiations, and experience of managing and working through tough situations specific to sourcing and contracting processes? Can you solve problems creatively, decisively and quickly in such a way as to meet the needs of GBS and its clients? Could you translate complex contract agreements into simple straightforward practical guidance to different audiences, within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the role of
Senior Manager Contracts & Vendor Performance
The role and its responsibilities
This high profile role can be located in Amsterdam or Arnhem, the Netherlands, but you will travel globally for approximately 25% of your time.
Your core purpose is to ensure successful strategy, negotiation and execution for contracts within the scope of providers managed by the GBS organization. In doing so you act as the authority on contracts, ensuring that both the BPO/ITO providers and AkzoNobel stakeholders comply with the agreements and commitments stated in the contract.
Thus you manage the changes to contract and related documents, you review all requests for services to providers, and determine the contractual impact and settlement. You also manage all items or events that have contractual or commercial impact both in the transition program and for steady state operations.
All of this requires you to work closely with internal procurement, legal, (senior) representatives of the AkzoNobel business areas, and other stakeholders in order to review and apply contracts in AkzoNobel’s best interest. In doing so you act as a bridge between GBS regional leadership and senior management from the providers, conducting strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements, facilitate pricing discussions, and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
You support the continuous improvement process with insights and suggestions, and you support the monitoring of provider performance according to contract and SLAs. You also provide guidance and support to AkzoNobel employees in communications/interactions with providers, and you train Shared Service Center employees on how to manage services and service levels of the providers.
In addition, you research cost drivers and conduct analysis for the development of negotiation strategy and tactical/strategic vendor plans. Within this process you create and execute a service integration and management (SIAM) capability for cross-provider integration and cooperation, as well as standard tools and techniques for data-driven and leveraged oversight.
As such, the role demands an excellent working knowledge of contract law, concepts, and policies and procedures related to contract management, as well as knowledge of project management principles.
You should also have experience of performing at least 5 full-cycle BPO/ITO deals, having played key leadership roles in provider selection, contract negotiation, all aspects of commercials, transition of services, and contract management.
To apply for this position you must possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in HR, Finance, IM or a Procurement related area, or in a Business or Engineering-related fields. An MBA and a Legal background or relevant experience is preferred is preferred;
- 15+ years relevant work experience in contract/SLA management, negotiations and project management, working with both captive and outsourcing providers;
- Experience and process knowledge of: Finance and accounting, Procurement, HR, IM (infrastructure and applications) and other business support functions such as real estate, facilities management etc. in a multinational environment with deep understanding of both supplier and client challenges and motivators;
- Able to work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable independence in determining objectives and approaches, while directing the work of others and/or leading cross-functional teams;
- In-depth knowledge of contractual documents and requirements, risk control programs and business services sourcing and best practices. Deep expertise in the leading practices around commercial operating terms and conditions, typical legal clauses, pricing models, ARC/RCC variable resourcing/pricing structures, FTE and volume based deal formats, contract governance models, and compliance and controls for BPO/ITO contract management;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including fluent written and spoken English.
For further information, please contact Samantha Veer, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88-010 6789, option 2. Only online applications will be accepted, please go to www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 170000TZ or use the ‘Apply’ button.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people’s lives more liveable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 45,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Flexa, Sikkens, Alabastine and Jozo. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Keywords: Job, Full-time, Amsterdam, Vendor manager, Contracts manager.